Monday, July 17, 2006

Beach Boy Talk


I skipped a week of blogging due to busy-ness, so to my avid reader, I apologize. If you are wondering what could possibly be more important than blogging I would have to say, only scrapbooking or blogging about scrapbooking and yet I didn’t blog, but why?


Beach Boys' drummer, Mike Kowalski stands in quiet awe of John Cowsill on drums.


Ian Broyles carefully avoids stepping on youngsters while filming.

Well, The Cowsills documentary is occupying much of my time and thought. Saturday night we traveled to the city of Alhambra to film John Cowsill who plays with The Beach Boys. We also got to meet and interview Mike Love and Bruce Johnston of The Beach Boys.


Dan and Ian plan their next shot and/or grope imaginary women.

We had backstage access to film and watch the show, which was absolutely the best and John Stamos was there too which made it extra sweet because every Beach Boy tune was punctuated by the piercing scream of someone yelling, “Uncle Jesse!!”


Mike Love, John Stamos and Bruce Johnston who seems to be wondering who the hell let me onstage.

The experience was three video blogs worth of fun. But I can only show you one due to overstepping my welcome.








Alhambra made their City Hall available to the band for “backstage” purposes and I explored long enough to find a city council meeting room where Ian used the timer on his camera to take these photos. Please know, that we have the utmost respect for the city of Alhambra and their city council and we left things exactly as we found them. (or we were drunk enough to think we did)

In the podcastosphere, Laura and I enjoyed a quiet show this week with no guests and we still had a ton to talk about because we are women.

Please have a wonderful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home