Monday, June 12, 2006

Ouch


Happy Birthday, Jakey!

Comedy Kids: In Search of a New Home

This week has kicked the ass of my emotions to the curb. The whooping began on Saturday when Joey Sorice cancelled the kids portion of The Jimmy and Joey Show at The Sportsmen's Lodge. It’s my belief that he did this because of his ongoing dispute with Ari David, the boyfriend of my assistant teacher, Fini Goodman. It has nothing to do with me or the kids although it would be cool if it did. Then I could say, Joey cancelled the show due to his ongoing dispute with 11 year old, Tyler Connaghan who has a more powerful deck of Yu Gi Oh cards and more game with the ladies.

Comedy Nights: The Truth Behind the Travesty

Additionally this week, Santa Barbara Comedy Nights was sucker punched by the Andalucia Hotel and abruptly cancelled. With a gathering sea of momentum, rave reviews, a growing family of fans, and a killer line-up for June, the hotel attempted to extort money from us and cancelled the event 24 hours before a scheduled show. It’s an ugly story, but if you love a good, rollicking tale of woe, click below…



Comedy Nights will return to Santa Barbara. We are in search of the right venue and anxious to get back at it. Stay tuned for details as they unfold…

In far better news, Happy Birthday, Jakey! My nephew turned nine-years-old and hosted a kickin’ party with ten or 12 of his very loud, very mobile friends. First, we built bears at “Build a Bear.”

Angela, Mom and Me (I am the only grown-up who built a bear)

Then we went to see the movie “Cars” and after we had gotten all of the kids into the theatre, brought them their snacks and settled them into their seats my mother said, “Are they all here?” And I said, “I don’t know. It’s dark and their small.” (They seemed to be all there when the parents came)



After the party, my sister, Amy took four naps and five Advil

On the podcasting frontier, Guy Brannum filled in for Laura once again and we hosted comedian, Brent Weinbach who was a wonderful guest. Check out behind the scenes highlights…



Most importantly this week, Matt Sigman, Little Devon and I sang Country Karaoke. Yes, you read me correctly and if you turn the volume way down, it may be safe enough for you to click and listen…



Have a wonderful week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Enadiate said...

I have to say, I enjoyed Siggy's singing the most. Not to say you or Devon were bad, just that I liked Matt's the most.

Sorry to hear about the badness with the Andalucia Hotel. What a bunch of douchebags.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home