Friday, December 09, 2005

Joining The Band Again


"The Spirit of Christmas," is: Tony, Me, Greg, Anthony
This is a warning. We are rapidly approaching my next Join The Band Live and In Concert Musical Event, which takes place on Sunday, December 11th around 4:00 pm at Cozy's in Sherman Oaks.

If you missed the last concert and you're thinking of trying to catch this one, be advised. I am now the drummer and the lead singer, so bring cotton balls and/or earplugs.

It's Join The Band's Christmas event so all of the groups have been given festive names befitting of the season. Ours is called, "The Spirit of Christmas." For about seven minutes it was switched to "The Spirit of the Holidays," for political reasons and then switched back to "The Spirit of Christmas," for common sense reasons.

We will be performing, "And Your Bird Can Sing," originally popularized by a little combo called The Beatles, "Learn to Fly," from the Foo Fighters and The Romantics' classic, "What I Like About You."

If you think that playing the drums while singing is easy, come watch and you'll find out that not only do I not make it look easy, I make it look extremely difficult.

Bass Man, Greg with Join The Band Leader, John Mizenko
This is not really an invitation. It's more of a dare. Also, I haven't blogged in a while and I really like my new band-mates. They are cool guys and they sound great.

If you can't make it, send flowers to the stage door.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

So, how did it go? I really wanted to be there this time but my kids had their final performance of the Nutcracker on Sunday.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Louise Palanker said...

It went very well, thank you. an update will be coming shortly. You get to see it without hearing it... a small blessing.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your momma's gonna be mad at you when shefinds out what a filthy liar you are!!!


Hey guyz... enjoy!!!

Some funny stuff right here!!!

4 Q. BY MR. MESEREAU: Well, but just not
5 recalling things doesn’t make you a pathological
6 liar, right.
7 A. I’m not in a place to really make that
8 diagnosis, so --
9 Q. Well, you told them, “I think Jamie’s a
10 pathological liar,” right.
11 A. I may have said those words.
12 Q. Would it refresh your recollection to look
13 at the transcript.
14 A. No, I may have said those words.
15 Q. I’m trying to find out if you did, okay.
16 A. I probably did. But I was exaggerating.
17 Q. Okay. You talked about Jamie Masada and
18 David, and you said that Jamie told you David wanted
19 to set up a committee to get more money, right.
20 A. Yes.
21 Q. And you said, with respect to Jamie and
22 David, “One of them is telling the truth. The truth
23 is somewhere in the middle,” right.
24 A. Yes, I did.
25 Q. And the officer said, “Who do you believe to
26 be the truth.” And your response was, “I think
27 Jamie is a pathological liar,” right.
28 A. Well, it’s difficult to say in that 3075



1 situation. I still don’t know the truth, so it’s
2 difficult to say.
3 Q. Well, let me ask you this, if you recall the
4 conversation. I know you didn’t know they were
5 recording you.
6 You could have responded, “I think David is
7 a pathological liar,” but you didn’t. You said,
8 “I think Jamie’s a pathological liar,” right.
9 A. Right.
10 Q. And then the officer said, “Jamie is.” And
11 you said, “Yes.”
12 Now, that’s not just hyperbole, is it.
13 A. Sometimes he confuses incidents.
14 Q. Do you remember after you said, “I think
15 Jamie is a pathological liar,” the officer said,
16 “Jamie is.” And you said, “Yes”. Do you remember
17 that.
18 A. Yes.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Louise Palanker said...

My mother isn't mad. She's proud. She is a money hungry con artist. We are a happy, lying, mother/daughter grifter team.

Stop by often!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn another failed attempt at being funny, Mommy Weezy Dearest???

Jamie Masada was right... how surprising from a patholigical liar!!!


I sure will stop by!!!

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home