Saturday, December 02, 2006

I Should Blog More Often



My friend, Deb Cox told me that if I blog every day, people will become addicted to my blog. I don’t know if that’s such a good idea because then they’ll be knocking on my door at all hours of the night looking for a fix. They’ll be exchanging sex for blog installments, there’ll be dust ups and gun play.

Being a blog dealer does not fit into my lifestyle and I prefer readers who enjoy my blog recreationally. Anyway, I don’t have time to blog every day. I’m too busy setting up my meth lab.

Comedy Nights at Rocks

The big news of the week is that we have opened up another great room in Santa Barbara. “Comedy Nights” is expanding into a club called Rocks, every Wednesday night at 8:00 pm. This place is sweet. It sits upstairs in a great restaurant at 801 State Street. The club has a fantastic and private ambiance with a huge stage, lighting, sound, great food and wonderful people. We have an excellent lineup for December, including Kyle Cease on the 13th so please stop by…Especially if you live nowhere near Santa Barbara. There are many reasons to visit Santa Barbara, not the least of which is…. You might see Oprah.


Todd Rex, onstage at Rocks

Thanksgiving in Buffalo



You may think it’s far too late for me to blog about this, and you are correct but sometimes retro can be fun, so I’m going to blog about Thanksgiving. I went home to Buffalo, NY which is where I grew up.


Joanna, Tracy, Carrie, Sarah, Craig, Mike, Jenny


Nathan, Daniel, Mei, Jakey

Being a Jewish family, Thanksgiving marks the big pilgrimage home for all cousins. My Mother hosts about 40 people at our house. This year, my brother built a broccoli casserole, my sister built a chocolate pie and my nephew and I built The Mayflower.


Not seaworthy, but centerpiece worthy

Weezy & The Swish?

For the first time in 76 episodes, we skipped a week of Weezy & The Swish. We also skipped Comedy Nights and Teen Comedy, so this blog is mercifully short with no movies.

I would like, however, to offer a programming note. For my birthday, my family got me a self publishing deal so that I can turn my manuscript, “Journals,” into a book. I’m very excited about it. My sister, Joann, designed this book cover and I think it’s amazing.



“Journals,” is a semi-autobiographical story of a girl’s relationship with her father and of her growing up and facing life’s pain and beauty and complexities.

Have a beautiful week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Even though you don't blog daily, I'm still addicted!! It works out well this way since I don't have time to read it daily so if you blogged daily I'd fall behind and then I'd get all stressed out over it or miss out on some good stuff or something. lol

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Kortny,
from Sri Lanka,
and I'm 18 y.o

Hi, Everyone
I've studied English sinse Autumn.
It's Really difficult
I want like to meet peple and practisice My English with them.

Thanks!!!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Key worker housing under scrutiny

Subsidised flats meant for nurses and teachers in London are ending up in the hands of well-paid professionals and top executives, the BBC has discovered.
An investigation by the BBC's Five Live Report centred on Chelsea Bridge Wharf by the River Thames, where a two-bed luxury flat costs more than �500,000.
--------------





10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... you know how someone mentions something about someone you knew years ago, and you go, "wow that sounds cool!" and then you kinda tuck it away cuz she lives a couple thousand miles away and besides you knew her sister better and you're not even in touch with the sister much, and then one day a couple more years down the road you're bored at the computer and it occurs to you that maybe given her showbiz activities she must be google-able? Yeah, that was me. Hey Louise!

You realize that with a few clicks I am caught up on your entire family. :)
Sadly, I can't return the favor. I am a boring lawyer who does not blog.

But if you ever visit Cousin Ricky, and you have time, gimme a call.

Alison Doyle [adoyle98[@]yahoo.com]

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home