Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Shame on the Media



Sarcastic Editorial

It’s a sad day in American pop culture when Britney Spears files for divorce and CNN and MSNBC continue to cover the election. What other news did we miss while the nation was gripped by its obsession with the democratic process? What if Madonna had adopted another baby? What if Nicole Richie had eaten a cookie? Then what? I think it’s time we as Americans pull together and continue to focus on our empty headed celebrities even, or should I say, especially when it’s tempting to be pulled away by meaningful events.

Sure, Britney's baby can drive, but can he do standup? The above image was created by my sister, Joann for my birthday. (that's really me but I don't think I was drawing crowds like that until I was three.)

Comedy Nights

It was a very exciting Thursday night in Santa Barbara with both Dov Davidoff and Bryan Callen taking the stage at Brick’s Café. Click below for highlights.





Weezy and The Swish

Us with Kira

Borderline chaotic is the best way to describe our Podcast this week. Kira Saltanovich was our guest and we had documentary filmmaker, Justin “JD” Cohen here along with his camera to interview us on the subject of “funny.” This insighted more than a little pressure to actually be funny. Were we up to the challenge? Check out this week's Weezy and The Swish.

The following video blog was re-cut three times by me due to my recurring inability to correctly spell “Kira Saltanovich.





Spitvalve

Spitvalve is: Preston, Lee Jay, Austin, Stephen, Dev, Me and in front,
Aaron and Emma.

This Saturday, November 11th, my cousin Aaron will celebrate his Bar Mitzvah and in preparation for the festivities, our band, Spitvalve has been rehearsing and preparing six songs which we will perform live at the reception. We have been having a blast and you are welcome to enjoy some highlights…





Happy Birthday to me and have a great week!

2 Comments:

Blogger duboisist said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to you, Weezy

3:42 PM  
Blogger ~c said...

~Happy Birthday, Weezy!!
Looking forward to the show this week.

~chris

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home