Sunday, October 22, 2006

Too Busy To Write What You're Reading


Swish, Steve O'Donnell, Weezy

Here's How Busy

Yes, I have been very TBB. (Too Busy To Blog) so I will slap this up lest any far flung family members worry that I’ve lose my thumbs in a typing accident.

I’ve also been too busy to video blog, in fact, I video taped over some wonderful band rehearsal footage and have yet to break it to my co-members. Perhaps this will serve as notice. I’m sorry. We grabbed the camera to capture some Billy Cowsill footage and I had not yet transferred what was on the tape to my computer because, as stated earlier, I have been quite busy. So I apologize, Spitvalve band members. We will do those songs again and even better.

Weezy and The Swish



Our guest last week was Steve O’Donnell, the head writer slash producer of Jimmy Kimmell Live. Steve is perhaps the most humorously articulate person I know, so he was a most excellent radio show guest. I met Steve in the late 80s when he was the head writer for Letterman. I had a nasty habit of sending him packets of writing samples and attempting to gain employment on the Letterman writing staff. That goal proved to be out of reach but in that pursuit I ultimately gained a fine Podcast guest. So, you see how life can work if you open yourself to the possibilities.

Kindly, enjoy backstage video highlights...



This week our guest was comedian, Jackie Kashian and in a recurring theme, I am currently too busy to edit what I video blogged, (look for it later this week). Jackie was a wonderful guest and you should treat yourself to that Podcast.


Siggy, Jackie, Me, Laura, Adrian

Comedy Nights

Too busy to video blog. Our guest was John Ray and he was amazing. Blew the doors off. Not figuratively. He actually huffed and puffed and blew the doors down. It was like a fairy tale.

YoungBloods of Comedy


Jake, Adrian, Me, Joel, Devon, Rory, Tyler

Video Highlights...


This program is getting way too popular. My home is positively infested with children on Saturdays. One of them had the audacity to point out a pile of termite wings in a corner and I said, “That is more annoying than you how, exactly?” I’m wonderful with kids.

However, these youngsters are doing absolutely beautifully at Hallenbeck’s every Saturday night and they are literally, not figuratively blowing the doors off the joint. Many have received citations. New kids to the program include: Rory Stillman, Adrian Mendoza and Kyle Dibiase. Returning to the program after taking time of, perhaps to travel the world and write his memoirs is Paul Herrera. So, I highly recommend that you join us one Saturday evening at 8:00 pm in North Hollywood at Hallenbeck’s to see just how good these kids are. It will blow your socks off. literally, not figuratively so pack a backup pair.

I’m too busy to write anymore. Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home