Saturday, September 15, 2007

Remembering


What a morning. O.J. Simpson broke in, well he didn't break in, he sort of "came in" and waved guns, I mean they weren't waved, they were more "wielded" or not so much wielded but "involved" because O.J. wasn't holding the guns. He just pointed to my Sports Memorobilia, and said, "That's mine, that's mine, that's mine" or maybe he didn't "point," as much as he "gestured" to it and it wasn't so much sports memorabilia, as it was sports "equipment." And really, all he did was take his own stuff which was rightfully his. And by this I mean, O.J. took my bike and my roller blades. Well, he didn't really take them so much as he "left with" them. I'm pretty sure that's what either "happened" or what was "made up" by me for the sake of "humor."

Weird O.J. Fact

However, this next part is all true. O.J. ate Shabbat dinner at my house when I was a child growing up in Buffalo, NY. My Mother lit the candles, as she does every Friday and then she walked around the table to kiss each of us, as she did every Friday and this Friday, she kissed O.J. We kids were mortified. O.J. stabbed her with a butter knife. We should have seen the signs.
In his pre-killer days, O.J. was actually a delightful dinner companion and he was especially kind to us kids. I was admonished by my father not to bother him with pictures but ever the journalistic warrior, I ducked into my room for my weapon of choice, the Polaroid Land camera and I snagged this shot of the running back sitting back on our very 70s living room couch.
He left without killing anyone and for that we are grateful.
Fini's Shower


Deb Cox and I threw Fini Goodman a Weddomg Shower. On October 14th, Fini will marry the lovely Ari David of Brentwood. The Shower, was pink and green and my favorite little touch was that Deb Cox made "Aqua Fini" Water bottles as party favors and Fini cried a lot which is what she tends to do when overwhelmed.

Fini is crying just because she loves my new glasses so much.
Jewish Federation
We have been documenting the wise and inspirational Holocaust Survivors of the Santa Barbara community for the Jewish Federation of Greater Santa Barbara. It has been one of the most powerfully moving experiences of my life. I am very proud to be doing this and I believe that we should remember always how blessed we are to be living in a time and in a place where our freedoms are not oppressed. I know this is a right, but it feels like a privilege and for it, I am grateful.


Holocaust Survivor and American Hero, Eric Boehm, Jennie Reinish, Andy McNeil, Me.


This little film is called "Remembering"


Documentary team: Jennie Reinish and Andy McNeil.
Talk it Over
Our podcast, Talk it Over is worth some time to listen it over. The show features Professional Mediator Lee Jay Berman, World Renowned Journalist Diane Dimond and Me. If you can get past that third piece of the equation, you will learn and be enlightened. You will be enlearntend.
Even worse than typing things like that. I often say them, which is why our engineer, Matt Sigman, pictured above with Lee Jay may soon learn to mute my mic.
Have a beautiful and healthy New Year. Happy 5768!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home