Friday, August 17, 2007

New Day, New Blog



Don't let the title fool you into thinking that I blog every day. I am far tp busy doing things to blog about to spend time blogging. Oh, but I do have some stuff to dish/vent today.
Comedy Nights

Rocks in Santa Barbara cancelled our comedy show!! It's hard to imagine since I had such a healthy, committed involved relationship with the owner. (that is sarcasm)
Since the Rocks show began in November, I have had three conversations with him. He never came to a show. He just barked orders from a distance and as much as I would like to have broken up with Rocks before it broke up with me, the important thing is that we are not seeing each other anymore which is a very good thing. If you have any use for 4,000 Comedy at Rocks fliers, give me a call.

Comedy at Bricks is great. We're having a blast. Thank you, Bricks and Wally for being wonderful and supportive. Life and comedy in Santa Barbara moves on.
Boys & Girls Club Movie!

What else is stirring? The Burbank Boys and Girls Club and I made this short film. It's quite good and we are proud of it. This is a pardoy of the MTV Show, "Scarred." It's called, "Scarred Straight."


Fiesta!
I experience my first Fiesta in Santa Barbara while learning Final Cut Pro and I'm experimenting with what it will do so although there's some distortion here when it's loaded onto You Tube and I'm not quite sure what's causing it or how to fix it,
my hope is that you will still enjoy it.
Talk it Over

Talk it Over is our new podcast. It stars Lee Jay Berman (see above) and Diane Dimond, (see way above) and me (not pictured). Our latest episode is quite gripping. Check it out, if you'd like.

A Ball Story

My nephew, Jakey went to a Dodgers' Game praying for a foul ball to sail his way. Nothing was flying even close. Then suddenly, from off the bat of a Dodger, it came hurdling towards them. A cluster of arms and hands from surrounding rows around reached skyward towards the baseball, as my sister Amy ducked her head, mutterring, "I do not want to get hit with a ball."

The soring orb plummetted into the assortment of outstretched fingers, bouncing, bobbling, bounding, yet, refusing to be grasped by the arms of the eager, and instead jumping free of their grip and landy soundly and firmly in Amy's unwilling lap.
She is now being scouted by The Dodgers (Thank you, Ronnie, for that joke) and Jakey is going home with a ball.
Have a triumphant week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home